GoMore is looking for a full stack developer who can help us in our mission to get more people to share cars and take better care of the planet.
The ideal candidate is a strong programmer with experience or an eagerness to develop skills within the following areas:
- Ruby on Rails
- DevOps, including Docker and Amazon Web Services
The full stack role would be a part of our backend team at GoMore and would cover various needs. This includes:
- Implementation of new web features (e.g. Vue.js – HTML/CSS styling is done by GoMore’s product design team)
- Providing API support for new feature development on GoMore’s website and apps (e.g. Rails and Clojure)
- Building tools for our Customer Care and Customer Experience teams in our admin set-up (e.g. Rails)
- Supporting the pricing and commercial logic in on GoMore’s website and apps
- Ad hoc bug fixing and business analytics support
- Maintaining our operational infrastructure (AWS)
We are interested both in candidates that are senior developers with a proven track record, but also less experienced developers with talent and initiative. Our culture is one where developers help each other grow professionally, but also have a sense of ownership of their specific domain.
You will become part of a product team consisting of 7 other designers and developers plus our Chief Product Officer. You will work closely with our two other full-stack backend developers. GoMore is headquartered in Copenhagen. Roughly half the team is based in Copenhagen and the rest work full-time remotely (in non-Covid times). This position can be based either in our Copenhagen office, remotely, or a mix of both. If remote, you must be located in a European time-zone.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a disciplined but pragmatic approach to development, testing and code structure. For example, if you are dogmatic about automated tests, we’re probably not the right place for you.
- Has been writing web applications for a while and can point to things they’re proud of
- Writes understandable code and avoids building technical debt
- When things break is eager to help fix them
- Can explain complex technical concepts. Both to other engineers or product designers, but also colleagues working in non-technical areas
- Experience with Rails
- Experience with Clojure (the other language we use on the backend) or the JVM
- Experience with DevOps or AWS
- Experience as a GoMore user and interest in helping people share cars
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large-scale, high-volume systems
- Experience in small start-up environments
- Academic background in computer science
- Experience working with remote teams
If you are interested in the position, please send an email with your CV and a link to some code you’re proud of to email@example.com. We kindly ask that recruiters or outsourcing companies not contact us regarding the position.