GoMore is looking for a backend developer who can help us in our mission to help people to share cars and take better care of the planet.
The ideal candidate is a strong programmer with experience or an eagerness to develop skills within the following areas:
- Ruby on Rails
- DevOps, including Docker and Amazon Web Services
The position would be a part of our backend team at GoMore and would cover various needs. This includes:
- Providing API support for new feature development on GoMore’s website and apps (e.g. Rails and Clojure)
- Building tools for our Customer Care and Customer Experience teams in our admin set-up (e.g. Rails)
- Maintaining our operational infrastructure (AWS)
- Supporting the pricing and commercial logic in on GoMore’s website and apps
- Implementation of new web features (e.g. Vue.js – HTML/CSS styling is done by GoMore’s product design team)
- Ad hoc bug fixing and business analytics support
We are interested both in candidates that are senior developers with a proven track record, but also less experienced developers with talent and initiative. Our culture is one where developers help each other grow professionally, but also have a sense of ownership of their specific domain.
You will become part of a product team consisting of 8 other designers and developers plus our Chief Product Officer. You will work closely with our two other backend developers.
GoMore is headquartered in Copenhagen. Roughly half the team is based in Copenhagen and the rest work full-time remotely. This position can be based either in our Copenhagen office, remotely, or a mix of both. If remote, living in Europe is a requirement because of the time zone and some occasional travel to HQ for team days.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a disciplined but pragmatic approach to development, testing and code structure. For example, if you are dogmatic about automated tests, we’re probably not the right place for you
- Has been writing web applications for a while and can point to things they’re proud of
- Writes understandable code and avoids building technical debt
- When things break is eager to help fix them
- Can explain complex technical concepts. Both to other engineers or product designers, but also colleagues working in non-technical areas
- Experience with Rails
- Experience with Clojure (the other language we use on the backend) or the JVM
- Experience with DevOps or AWS
- Experience as a GoMore user
- An interest in the sharing economy, mobility, or both
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large-scale, high-volume systems
- Experience in small start-up environments
- Academic background in computer science
- Experience working with remote teams
If you are interested in the position, please send an email with your CV and a link to some code you’re proud of to Frederik Nellemann (Chief Product Officer), firstname.lastname@example.org.